1 year / 10,000 review.
I owned this bike for 1 year now and have ridden a little more than 10,000 kilometers. In this review I share my opinion about the Street Triple with you!
Not cheap, but you get an awesome and unique bike!
The starting price of the Street Triple RS in The Netherlands is 14,400 euros! That is not very cheap ... Is it worth the money? Keep on reading!
Easy to explain
Still, the higher starting price of the RS is easy to explain. When you see the Street Triple RS, you immediately notice the high-quality components. We see Brembo M50 brakes, fully adjustable Öhlins suspension, a 41mm Showa upside down fork, a TFT display and sticky Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP V3 tires. That’s not bad right?
Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP V3 not that sticky?
A side note with these tires: take it easy in the rain and at low temperatures, because in fact these are just street-legal semi-slicks. In warm weather, the grip is enormous. That gives confidence. I have ridden in the rain a few times and I have to admit that the tires are not optimal then. It is nice to put the bike in rain mode then.
Rear tire after 5000 kilometers and heavily used in the Eifel, Germany.
So you do get nice things for your money! Very nice stuff to be honest. You will continue to discover details when you park the Street Triple RS in front of you ! The carbon exhaust end cap, the well-known gold of the Öhlins installation, are great details! The paintwork of the bike is also of good quality.
How does it feel and ride?
Time to talk about how this bike feels and rides! The motorcycle has a wonderful wheel suspension with well-thought-out damping, a very fine engine character with sweet exhaust sound and a great balance on the road! This bike gives you the confidence you want on a hooligan bike like this! The seating position is active, but more upright then the Street Triple 675! It’s not uncomfortable, but you do have to stretch your back every now and then on longer rides. You mainly want to accelerate on the RS. That’s where this bike is made for!
The force acceleration is impressive. The three-cylinder rides very smooth! It’s very explosive if you want it to be! Sensational sound and acceleration! Up to about 4,000 rpm it sounds nice and deep darkness. Above that it starts drumming, simmering, coughing and spluttering. And above all: howl. Goosebumps. It’s just freaking awesome!
How did the bike hold after 10.000 kilometers of riding?
I am still in love with this bike after 10,000 kilometers! In 2020 I went from the Netherlands to Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Austria without any problems. The bike has been rinding great and has never let me down. The only problem the bike has had is moisture in the headlight. This headlight has been replaced by the Triumph Dealer under warranty without any problems or struggles.
In terms of maintenance, the first 10,000 kilometers did not cost me much. The 1000 kilometer maintenance, It cost me 120 euros. For the 10,000 kilometer maintenance costed me 160 euros. I have my motorcycle serviced at Motorcentrum Rijen. Great and honest people!
Things I don’t like
There is actually nothing I don’t like. The only thing that annoys me is that sometimes an yellow engine light turns on. This is due to the Euro 5 rules. I have ordered an obd2 wifi adapter. With this I can remove the fault myself. This only happens if you have an after market-exhaust.
- Carbon parts. I ordered them at a Italian supplier. Great premium quality.
- SP Engineering exhaust
- Barracuda Mirrors. ( SP Engineering sells complete sets )
- Evotech Licence plate holder.
- Triumph OEM led indicators.
- Triumph OEM wind screen. ( dark anti scratch )
Dope, awesome, beastbike, sweat and hooligan. Do I need to say more? The Triumph Street Triple RS is the bike for riders who want to get a little more out of their motorcycle. This is for beginners as well as advanced riders, a perfect choice! The bike reflects in your riding style! You decide how the bike rides!\
2020 Triumph Street Triple RS Specs:
- Type: Inline-3
- Displacement: 765cc
- Bore x stroke: 78.0 x 53.4mm
- Maximum power: 121 horsepower @ 11,750 rpm
- Maximum torque: 58 ft/lbs @ 9350 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.5:1
- Valvetrain: DOHC, 4vpc
- Fueling: EFI
- Transmission: 6-speed w/ bi-directional quickshifter
- Clutch: Slipper
- Frame: Twin-spar aluminum
- Front suspension; travel: Fully adjustable Showa big piston 41mm inverted fork; 4.5 inches
- Rear suspension; travel: Linkage-assisted fully adjustable Öhlins piggyback shock; 5.2 inches
- Wheels: 5-spoke cast aluminum alloy
- Front wheel: 17 x 3.5
- Rear wheel: 17 x 5.5
- Tires: Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP v3
- Front tire: 120/70 x 17
- Rear tire: 180/55 x 17
- Front brakes: 310mm floating discs w/ Brembo M50 4-piston monoblock calipers
- Rear brake: 220mm disc w/ Brembo single-piston sliding caliper
- ABS: Standard
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 55.3 inches
- Rake: 23.9 degrees
- Trail: 3.9 inches
- Seat height: 33.1 inches
- Fuel tank capacity: 4.6 gallons
- Estimated fuel consumption: 45 mpg
- Curb weight: TBA
- Matte Jet Black with Aluminum Silver and Yellow decals
- Silver Ice with Diablo Red and Aluminum Silver decals
2020 Triumph Street Triple RS Price:
- 14.400 EUR ( In the Netherlands )
Some pictures of my bike: